Sunday, February 16, 2003

I went to the release party for the CD my son's band made. It's call "a classical triumph" . I am pretty happy with it (except for the explicit lyrics). It was a pretty calm crowd. Three were about 300 people there. Only a few of them had blue spiked mohawks. One kid got arrested for moshing. It was the most exciting thing that happened the whole evening apart from the music. I was struck by the "tribal" feel of the whole thing---especially when they make a big circle and the boys "skank" in a big line around inside it. They almost look like the lost boys prentending to be indians from the old Disney "Peter Pan" movie. I was also struck with how far removed the church--any church church--not just ours---is removed from these kids. I just found out that the Charile Wear stated his web site and "pomo" ministry in response to the spiritual disconnect he was feeling with his kids.

On another note--I'm watching a cool war movie on DVD, "Tora! Tora! Tora!" about the Japanese bombing Pearl Harbor. I love war movies. I didn't finish it so if we get the twelve inches of snow predicted today, I'll finish it then. 

No comments: